Why are your customers calling? They are looking for help, not excuses.
- We're short staffed
- The phones are really busy
- My computer is really slow, again
- Thanksgiving is next week and I'm busy mapping my Black Friday shopping plan...
...are excuses and the customer doesn't care. They are calling for help.
I'm often told that the customer can relate to our situation and they understand. Hmm, that's not the point. Did I mention they are calling for help?
Focus on the caller, their situation and what you are doing to get them a solution.
- I'm looking into some options now
- Let me research this and get back to you
- Bear with me while I pull up your account
You can do it!