make their presentations audience-centered, they listen while they speak.
How is that possible you ask?
They listen to what their audience may be trying to tell them - verbally and non-verbally.
Q: Which of these signs indicate the audience may be defensive:
1. Hand/arm gestures are small and close to their body.
2. Minimal facial expressions.
3. Asking a lot of questions.
4. Physically turning their body away from you.
5. Arms are crossed in front of body.
6. Little or no eye contact
A: All of them - except 3.
Embrace #3. If they are asking questions, they are trying to understand and possibly get on board.
If they are defensive, allow that person or the team a chance to vent.